www.usaa.com/activate – Activate your USAA Debit Card Online
The USAA provides a variety of credit card, that will suit you according to your taste and there are debit cards, from where you can earn some good benefits, which is not seen among the other cards. In this article, we will see the activation procedure of the USAA credit and debit card and debit card. USAA was founded in the year 1922 for the Army officers for the insurance of each other’s automobiles, and has grown to be the top fully integrated financial organizations in America.
Before getting to the activation procedure, we will see the benefits of having a USAA debit card, and some of the best credit cards provided by them with their features making it easy for your choose.
Benefits of USAA Debit Card:
- There is no monthly fee of the card, and there is no such criteria on how you use your account.
- You can have access to more than 60,000 ATMs, and if you need to take out money from any other ATM, then they will provide you a refund of $15 per statement cycle.
- If you can set up direct deposit, then you can get paid early.
Some of best USAA credit cards:
- USAA Reward American Express Card – you will three points when you spend $1 on dining, two points on spending $1 for the Gas stations and groceries, and lastly one point on spending $1 for all the other purchases. You can earn as many points as you want, and they can be redeemed anywhere for gift cards, cash or travel, or they can even be donated.
- USAA Cashback Rewards Plus American Express Card – this card offers you cashback with on-back purchases. You are to receive 5% cashback on your purchases on gas stations and on purchases made on the military base. You are to receive 2% cash back on supermarket purchases and receive 1% on all other purchases. The best thing about the card is that there is no foreign transaction fee making it easy for you to make purchase from another country.
- USAA Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature Card – this card offers you 1.5% cashback every time you make a purchase and there is no rewards caps or limit to this card, and you can redeem your rewards anytime you like.
- USAA Rate Advantage Visa Platinum Card – this card comes with a variable APR of 6.9% – 23.9% (this might differ according to your credit score and other factors) on purchases, balance transfer and cash advances. This card requires no annual fee and comes with no penalty APR making it quite a unique one in the list.
Before you get to the guidelines, you have to register yourself for the online and mobile access, and once you have completed the procedure, you can have the Online ID and password, that can be used to access your account through online and mobile app.
Guidelines for the activation of USAA credit card:
- Online mode
- First, you have to go to the USAA card activation site after you have launched the web browser of your mobile or laptop and using the address usaa.com/activate.
- Then you have to login to your account, if you have one, using the User ID and password.
- Then you have to click on the option Activate Card, and you will be taken to the next page, where you have to give your card number, expiration date, and CVV. You may also need to give some additional information like the date of birth and the social security number.
- After you are done with the procedure, you card will be ready to use.
- Through Phone – you have to make a call on the number 8001-411-4300 and follow the steps given over the phone to complete the activation process.
After we have learned about the activation of the credit card, we need to see the options that you can choose for giving the credit card bills.
Methods of payment for USAA credit card bill:
- By phone – you need to call on the number 1-800-531-8722, and then you have to enter the card information when you will be asked to do so for payment.
- Online – after getting to the website of USAA, you have to login to your account and then you need to click on Pay Bills.
- Mobile app – from the app, login to your account, and then select the card you won and then tap on to Pay Bills.
- Mail – you need to send a money order with the account no written above in the given address –
USAA Credit Card Payments
10750 McDermott Fwy
St. Antonio, TX 78288-0570
Try sending the check before the due date, since it takes a few days to reach the address and you don’t face any penalty.
- Branch – you can also visit the branch during normal business hours at any USAA branch
Guidelines for the Activation of USAA Debit Card:
- First and foremost go to the website USAA at www.usaa.com/activate
- Then you have to look for Member Access and hit it and then you will be taken to the next page where you have to login to your account.
- Now, you have to hit the My Accounts button and open the account.
- Then you have to click on the Activate Debit Card option and then you have to follow the instructions that will come up.
- Through phone – for the activation of USAA debit card, you have to make a call on the number 800-315-4906, and then give the details like the CVV number, card number and expiry date when asked. Then after the verification being complete, your debit card will be activated and ready to use.
- Through ATM – you have to visit the nearest ATM and swipe the card, and then you have to follow the instructions accordingly and your card will be activated.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Q. How often do I need to give my password?
Ans. Every time you try to get access to usaa.com, you need to give the password.
- Q. When am I supposed to find the USAA number?
Ans. The number can be found on the blue plastic USAA card, and you are also going to find on most USAA account related correspondence, such as statements and bills. And somehow, you are not getting it, then you have to contact them.
- Q. My USAA number is not getting accepted. What is the reason?
Ans. You need to be sure of not giving any extra zeros and spaces at the beginning, and you should not enter any letters.
- Q. What will happen if I click Log Off?
Ans. After you have clicked Log Off, then your secure session will end, and you will be send to the Public Homepage. You have to log into their site again.
If you are following these guidelines step by step, then you will be able to activate your credit card and debit card, if you own any of them or both. So, if you have received you card, then don’t waste time, and apply any of the methods as your convenience for the activation procedure.
If you face any problem, or need to inquire for any necessity, then you always have an option of visiting the branch, or you may call on this number 210-531-8722 or 800-531-8722 to get your work done. You need to go to the contact page and send them message to make some inquiry and you will find the link at the bottom of the page.